[Hack] NBA Jam 22 (PlayStation)
NBA Jam 22 es un hack de NBA Jam Tournament Edition (1995) para PlayStation creado por ponlork que modifica este alocado juego arcade de baloncesto desarrollado por Midway (Mortal Kombat, Cruis’n USA, NFL Blitz) e Iguana Entertainment (Aero the Acro-Bat, Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter) para mejorarlo y modernizarlo corrigiendo bugs, retocando gráficos y actualizando los jugadores disponibles.
El parche para poder jugar NBA Jam 21 se puede descargar desde ROMhacking.net y tiene que ser aplicado a una copia del juego americano en formato .BIN con el programa PPF-O-Matic v3.0.
Actualización: ponlork ha publicado una nueva versión de este hack.
Lista de cambios y mejoras de NBA Jam 21:
- Attributes color fix. The PS1 ver got red for high stats, green for average, and white for low. In the arcade version, it’s supposed to be Green for high, white for average, and red for low.
- Graphical head fix. One of the head sprites used for when a player is knocked to the floor is using the wrong head sprite. It’s not glaringly noticeable but it looks unsightly when you spot it.
- Facial Dunks Activated. Normally when you deliver a monster jam it’s supposed to send opponents falling to the floor if their body makes contact. This effect is missing in most of the NBA Jam home ports. For some reason, it’s activated during layups and not dunks. The effect has been reversed and restored however it’s a bit buggy. Certain layups can still activate the effect and block attempts can seldom trigger it too.
- New Players Added. Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Stephen Curry, Michael Jordan, Luka Doncic, Kevin Durant, plus 2 hidden characters, The Hulk (HUL/DEC18) and Cyberpunk (CYP/jan2). To access hidden characters you need to hold L1+R1 while entering the initials.
- Minor graphical fix. During the introduction where it showcases all the NBA teams and players, Terry Davis’s portrait is displayed twice for the Dallas Mavericks squad. This error was corrected.
Version 1.1 Update (April 10, 2021)
- Added Nikola Jokic, Kawhi Leonard, Kyrie Irving, Bradley Beal, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Joel Embiid.
- In addition to Lebron James, Luka Doncic, Stephen Curry, and Kevin Durant, ver1.1 now features the full 2021 NBA All-Star Starters!
- Added Snoop Dogg as a secret player! Enter LBC OCT20 while holding L1+R1 at the initials screen to unlock Snoop.
- Falling effects fully restored! This feature was removed in the retail release. Turns out the NBA made them remove it.
Version 1.2 Update (May 24, 2021)
- Added Chris Paul, Damian Lillard, Donovan Mitchell, Julius Randle, Jayson Tatum, Jimmy Butler, Trae Young, and Desmond Bane.
- Every NBA Playoff team is represented with at least one current player!
- Edited the Attributes font to match the Arcade style.
- Reworked the falling effects to fix timing issue. Improved gameplay.
Version 1.3 Update (July 6, 2021)
- Faster inbound passes! Now players will inbound the ball much quicker just like in the Arcade version.
- Restored audio! Various play-by-play calls such as “From downtown!”, “From long range!”, “wide open!”, “launches a shot!” and many more were restored. Most of the commentary for jumpshot attempts were disabled for some reason. Possibly due to the announcer calling the names too often like in the Saturn version. Hoping to remedy that in the future.
- New Players Added. Paul George, Clint Capela, Devin Booker, Deandre Ayton, Khris Middleton, and Jrue Holiday inserted.
- East and West Conference Finals champions! Full roster (Minus the expanded rosters) for the Phoenix Suns and Milwaukee Bucks.
- Graphical improvement. Fixed a graphical glitch that causes clipping around the player’s head. This is noticeable for some players beard that was cropped off from the bottom and right corners. The left side is still cropped off by 1px when mirrored though. Might have to redo players from previous version to take into account the extra pixels. The added dimensions just means more detailed head sprites from now on.
- Updated Profile portraits for Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Snoop Dogg, and The Hulk.
- Snoop Dogg’s code was changed to DOG 4/20 to make it easier to remember. Shout out to KMFDManic for the suggestion.
Version 1.4 Update (April 18, 2022)
- Roster Update. Added Anthony Edwards, James Harden, LaMelo Ball, DeMar Derozan, Zach LaVine, Darius Garland, and Anthony Davis into the lineup.
- Naruto Uzumaki! The Number One Hyperactive, Knucklehead Ninja Joins the Tournament. To unlock Naruto, hold L1+R1 while entering NAR OCT 10 in the initials screen.
- Updated Campaign Ladder. The Milwaukee Bucks are now the NBA Champions thus making them the final boss of the game. The Campaign Ladder reflects the 2021 NBA season standings.
- Balanced Difficulty. The CPU is now less aggressive however they still might be too difficult for casual players. More improvements to come on this feature. The original difficulty is also included for those who don’t mind the challenge.
- More Emphatic Dunks! No it’s not what you think, the dunks haven’t changed but the effect of when players get posterized are sped up to give a more emphatic effect.
- New Halftime & Postgame FMVs. Several new FMV highlights added for the Bucks, Suns, Lakers, Bulls, and Timberwolves.
- Restored Clippers FMV. Fixed a bug that prevented the Clippers FMVs from playing.
- Special Guest Referee. Included a optional patch to replace the referee with Sakura Haruno.
- Increased head size. The default head sizes were increased slightly to make certain player’s heads appear more proportional to their body. Trying to squeeze James Harden’s beard in a 32×32px image can make his head appear small in relation to his body. A workaround for this is to rescale the head sizes a bit to allow for more detail.