[Hack] DOOM 32X Resurrection (Sega 32X)
DOOM 32X Resurrection es un hack de DOOM (1994) para el periférico de Sega Mega Drive / Genesis creado por D32XR Team que modifica el clásico juego de id Software (Commander Keen, Wolfenstein 3D, Quake, Rage) para convertirlo en una nueva versión mejorada y renovada, destacando que tiene un nuevo engine, control mejorado, sistema para salvar la partida, nuevos niveles, mejores gráficos, nueva banda sonora de mayor calidad y poder configurar resolución.
El parche para poder jugar DOOM 32X Resurrection se puede descargar desde ROMhacking.net y tiene que ser aplicado a una ROM europea de DOOM con cualquier programa compatible con archivos en formato .xdelta, como xdeltaUI o Delta Patcher.
Actualización: D32XR Team ha publicado una nueva versión de este hack.
Lista de cambios y mejoras de DOOM 32X Resurrection:
- Network support via the Zero Tolerance (aka Technopop) link cable.
- Splitscreen coop and deathmatch modes.
- New title screen that resembles the Saturn and PlayStation versions.
- Rendering has been spread across both SH2 processors for better speed.
- User input is processed at 30FPS, while game logic runs at 15FPS.
- Low (two pixel modes) 128×144, 128×160, 160×180 and three high detail 224×128, 252×144, 320×184 video modes.
- Anamorphic widescreen support for 16:9 screens.
- Improved visual fidelity (aka ‘high color’) mode.
- FM Synth soundtrack courtesy of Spoony Bard.
- Selecting between no music, VGM FM music, or playing music from attached Sega CD (requires Sega CD in addition to 32X).
- Stereo panning for game sounds.
- Controller hot plugging support.
- Save ram support – keeps track of finished levels, health, armor, weapons and ammo – eight save slots as well as an auto-save at the end of each level.
- Includes levels that were omitted from the original release.
- Restores sprite directions from the Jaguar version as well as in-fighting between monsters.
- Level fixes courtesy of Wavy.
- Spectres look the way they did in the original PC version.
- Jaguar Doom HUD assets.
- Three drawing modes: the regular sector based lighting (although it’s better than the original Doom 32X in that sprites also use this lighting, no more 100% bright sprites!), “potato” mode which doesn’t texture floors or ceilings for slightly better speed, or the original Doom fading light rendering (which is just a smidgen slower and looks a little muddy given the fifteen bit palette of the 32X).
- ‘Always run’ option.
- Anti-aliased automap with smooth scaling.
- Support for three-button and six-button pads, as well as the Sega mouse. You can choose how to map the primary three buttons in the menu.
- Verified as working on Kega Fusion 3.64, a Model 2 Genesis + Model 2 CD + launch 32X, a CDX + 32X, with a NeoFlash NeoMyth MD and the V1 Mega EverDrive, and also with Mega EverDrive Pro and MegaSD.
- Support for 32X+ (CDDA tracks from CUE files) on the MegaSD flashcart.
- Multi-region, supports both PAL and NTSC.
Changes in v2.1:
- Fixed regressions:
- – SegaCD audio support didn’t work
- – Random ‘R_FlatNumForName: not found’ error in 320px mode
- – Glowing lights were broken
- – Gradient lighting on floors and ceilings was broken
- – Sprites would sometimes partially or completely disappear in 320px mode
- Fixed an old Jaguar Doom bug related to item collection, where if the player was touching multiple items simultaneously, neither item would be picked up if at least one of them was maxed out in inventory
- Fixed bug where sprites would sometimes become visible through walls depending on the sector’s relative floor height
- Fixed bug where the game would freeze if player’s ammo count was greater than 999
- Fixed the attack speed of shotgun guys not being consistently doubled in nightmare mode
- PWM frequency increased from 30Hz to 70Hz, reducing the maximum latency for in-game sounds from 33ms to 14ms
- Some of the game’s assets received color restoration treatment
- Improved rendering performance in high resolution modes
- The 320px mode screen size reduced from 184 to 180 pixels
- Optimized maps loading time
- Added support for custom finale text and background to the DMAPINFO lump